- 14 Dec 2021
Acting and modeling are two fields which are related to name, fame and money. Fascinated by the glamor and glitz of the region, lakhs of youth try their luck and spend their time to get into this coveted field. Once they achieve an acclaimed status, they can expect to see their name in the international circuit of the acting field. However, only a few are successful as most of them do not have proper knowledge about this career.
Acting is an act in which a person acts like the character he is playing. Actors and actresses work in theatres, films, television programs and any other storytelling medium. They portray the character by acting; speaking or singing in a film, play, or other form in which they are acting.
Modeling is a career that is in high demand as models are professionals who help in promoting the products of any business. Models are one of the most sought after people in the advertising industry.
Though there are lakhs of people who want to enter the second part of this dazzling business but they are not aware of the qualification, qualification and other criteria required to become an actor or model. The fact is that, in India, many acting and modeling schools have opened up in different cities of India. Candidates can now choose a certain type of acting and modeling course as per their choice. The course can be from 6 months to 3 years. Regarding eligibility, there is no specific criteria and you can enter this field at any age as per the requirement of people of any age.
Current Scenario of Acting and Modeling Courses in India With the growing media channels and other related fields, an increasing number of opportunities are available for these candidates. Even though entering Bollywood is the ultimate dream of any actor from India, they can start their career by working in various new and old TV channels, TV serials, game shows and other programs.
There is no dearth of jobs for those interested in modeling and acting. Models can find jobs in product advertising, music videos, live shows, ramp modeling, showroom displays and acting in theatre, TV shows, film, telefilm and many more. The opportunities are limitless. Modeling options can be classified as television modeling, print modeling, advertising modeling and ramp modeling.
One of the most attractive aspects of this business is the amount of remuneration. The remuneration in this field is higher as compared to other creative fields. Depending on the show, organisers, producers, banners, etc., and these professionals can expect to earn at least five points for the show. For example, established models can earn anything from Rs 20,000 to Rs. 50,000 per show and even low budget shows can pay around 5k to 10k for their model.
When it comes to the Indian film industry, only the sky is the limit. More established and experienced actors and actresses these days earn remuneration in the form of crores of rupees for a film or an advertisement. Beginners can also expect good earnings and can grow with the passage of time. However, this field requires a lot of hard work, good media and business connections and not to mention talent.
Top Acting and Modeling Institutes in India
- 1. FTII, Pune - The Film and Television Institute of India or FTII is located in Pune. The institute offers 2-year PG Diploma in Acting.
- 2. National School of Drama (NSD), Delhi -3 years course up to Post Graduate Diploma in Dramatic Arts.
- 3. Barry John Acting Studio, Mumbai - Diploma and Certificate Course in Acting.
- 4. Subhash Ghai, Whistling Woods International, Mumbai -2 year acting course.
- 5. Roshan Taneja Acting Studio, Mumbai - 6 Months Acting Course.
- 6. Anupan Kher, Actor Preparation, Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Chandigarh. - Full time and part time course in acting.
- 7. AAFT (Asian Academy of Film and Television), Noida -3 Months and 1 Year Program in Acting.
- 8. CRAFT (Research Center in the Art of Film and Television), Delhi - Course in Acting
- 9. Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute, Mumbai -3 Months Course in Acting
- 10. Delhi Film Institute, Delhi - 2 months acting course in acting.
- 11. ZIMA (Zee Academy of Media Arts) Mumbai -3 Months Course in Acting
- 12. RK Films and Media Academy, Delhi - 4 Months Acting Course