- 07 Nov 2022
What is An Actor?
Actors are artists who portray characters in various media. Actors may play roles in live performances or video commercials and other material, or they may serve as voice actors for voice-overs and other audio material.
How Do You Hire an Actor?
You can get acting talent on Modelfactory by following these three steps:
Write a project description. You want to determine the scope of your work and the skills and background you are looking for in an actor.
Post it on Modelfactory. After writing a project description, post it on Modelfactory. Just follow the prompts to help you input the information you've gathered to expand the scope of your project.
Shortlist and interview actors. Once offers start coming in, make a shortlist of professionals you want to interview.
Out of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope and the specific type of actor you need to complete your project.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire an Actor?
Rates may vary due to a number of factors including expertise and experience, location and market conditions.
A seasoned actor can command higher fees, but can also work faster, have more specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher quality work.
A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may be able to price his acting services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How Do You Write An Actor Job Post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget and talent needs. Although you do not need a complete job description, as you do when hiring an employee, it is necessary to provide enough details for a contractor to know if they are the right fit for the project.
Job Post Title
Create a simple title describing what you are looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is most likely to type into the job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample actor job titles:
- Enthusiastic voice actor needed to deliver e-learning presentations
- Looking for a female actor for resort commercial video shoot
- A fearless role in a storytelling video requires 30+ male actors
- project details
An effective actor job post should include:
- Scope of work: From rehearsals to shooting dates, list all the deliverables you'll need.
- Project Length: Your job post should indicate whether it is a small or large project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries or methods or need actors to be available in a certain location, mention it here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates versus fixed-price contracts.
Actor Job Responsibilities
Here are some examples of actor's job responsibilities:
- interpret roles through speech, gestures and body movement to entertain or inform the audience
- Memorize lines for voice acting, or read lines clearly and steadily
- Accept director's feedback and adjust performance as needed
- Provide consistent character representation
- Actor job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include whatever requirements and qualifications you are looking for in an actor. Here are some examples:
- Past acting experience in similar projects
- completing acting classes or training
- Possesses the physical characteristics needed to fill specific roles
- Ability to work during potentially long days of shooting